Water Service Connection

If you need a new water service connection in any Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) water service area, you must first submit an application.

Application forms can be found:

  • Online: New Water Connection Application Form
  • In-person at the SCRD Administration Office, located at 1975 Field Road, Sechelt, BC V7Z0A8
  • In-person at Pender Harbour Satellite Office, located at 12828 Lagoon Road, Madeira Park, BC V0N 2H1

Payment for the connection must be made at the time of application. The connection fee can be paid in person at the SCRD Administration Office or by cheque only at the Pender Harbour Satellite Office. You can also mail a cheque to the SCRD Administration Office.

If the connection is not already installed or it has not been paid for, there will be a minimum fee of $1,200 for the connection.

Water meters will be installed on all new connections for metering in the future.

Frequently Asked Questions

Once a water application has been received by the SCRD, user rates will commence the first of the month following the date of installation of the water service connection. The amount billed will be pro-rated. Visit this page for utility rates.

If you need to have your main water shut off located please call us at 604-885-6806. We will gather your property information and look at our records to find the location. If you are unable to find the shut off based on our measurements or we were unable to provide you with the measurements, we will have our works crew stop by to locate it for you. You do not need to be home for this as we will mark the location with paint.

There is no charge for this service. This is the property of the SCRD and it is important for us to have instant access to any shut off.

There is a $50 shut off fee that will be applied to your utility account at the time the shut off is performed. There is no charge for us to turn it back on.

The SCRD does not do any work on private property. We can provide information regarding the water line up to the property line but have no record of the waterline on your property. Please contact a plumber for assistance.

If the water leak is on the outside of your property line or is coming out of the water connection, please contact us at 604-885-6806. If the leak is within the property lines it is the homeowner’s responsibility to repair the leak as the SCRD does not work on private properties.

Contact Us

Water Services

Phone: 604-885-6806

Email: infrastructure@scrd.ca

Emergency Water/Wastewater Answering Service: 1-866-291-4645