Property Taxes

The Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) is not responsible for property taxes. If you are a rural property owner in the SCRD, your property tax notice is sent to you by the Province of BC in June each year.

Taxes for regional district purposes are collected by the Province and by the member municipalities (Town of Gibsons, District of Sechelt, and shíshálh Nation Government District).


Useful Links and Information

QueryWho to contact
Questions about your tax noticeSurveyor of Taxes at 1-800-663-7867
Better understand how assessments impact property taxesClick to watch a video from BC Assessment
Questions about my home value assessmentClick to visit the BC Assessment website
Need to pay my property tax notice in personThis can be done at the Service BC location in Sechelt
I need more information about property tax noticesClick here for further information from the Provincial Government