Sechelt Aquatic Centre
Welcome to the Sechelt Aquatic Centre – a facility located in downtown Sechelt. Whether you are looking for a quick workout, a swim or just a float down the lazy river, there is a lot to do at the Sechelt Aquatic Centre. The Sechelt Aquatic Centre has a lift to assist with access to the swimming pool and hot tub. Learn more at Accessibility Resources
Annual Pool Maintenance Closure
Starting Thursday June 8 until July 14, the Sechelt pool will be temporarily closed so that annual maintenance work can be completed. The weight room will remain open, except on June 11, 18 and 25. Please check under Location and Hours for more details. Gibsons and Pender pools will be open during this time.
5500 Shorncliffe Avenue, Sechelt.
(Hours apply to pool, wet areas, changerooms, weight room and fitness studio unless specified)
Monday – Friday: 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
*Monday: pool, wet areas & changerooms close at 1:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
*Sunday: pool, wet areas & changerooms are closed
Sechelt Pool Annual Maintenance Closure
The pool and wet areas will be closed June 8 to July 14. The weight room will remain open except for Sundays, June 11, 18 and 25. During this time, the pools in Gibsons and Pender Harbour will be open.
- 25 metre lap pool
- Leisure pool
- Lazy River
- Hot tub
- Steam Room
- Water Slide, Rope Swing, Climbing wall (opening is dependent on staff availability)
- Diving board
- Tumble buckets
- Accessibility lift
- Weight room
- Fitness studio
- Water bottle fill station in weight room
- Wallet lockers in weight room $0.25 each
- Community room for rent – Learn how to rent this room at www.scrd.ca/rentable-spaces
Schedules and Program Information
Considerate weight room etiquette creates a pleasant and predictable workout environment for everyone.
- When you are finished using dumbells in SCRD weight rooms, please clean and return them to the racks in order of weight.
- When visiting SCRD weight rooms, please use the sign-up board for cardio equipment.
- Please remember to wipe down the equipment with the provided sanitizing solution before and after you have used it.
- SCRD weight rooms are scent free zones.
- You must be 16 years or older to use the weight room.
- 13 – 15 year olds must be accompanied by an adult, or they must complete a gym orientation before when using the weight room.
- Children 12 and under are not permitted in the weight room.