The landfill site is located on Dusty Road off of Sechelt Inlet Road, near Sechelt town centre.
The Sechelt landfill accepts debit and credit cards only.
Effective June 13, 2023 - changes to drywall acceptance
- Drywall updates in effective June 13, 2023 visit www.scrd.ca/asbestos for details.
- Scrap metal can be recycled at the landfill and will have a tipping fee. Small appliances, electronics and even some large appliances can be recycled for free at some of our depots.
- Mattresses contain recyclable materials. Please keep them clean and dry by covering them in a plastic bag or wrap.
- Wood waste is not accepted at the landfill, please take it to Salish Soils.
- Used paint may be accepted at the landfill however some types of paint and containers are not accepted. Learn more here.
- Household hazardous waste items can be very dangerous, please exercise caution and check what is accepted before handling.
- Off-rim tires can be recycled for free at many locations on the Sunshine Coast.
Click here for a guide about our sites. Note: disposal fees are subject to change and scale staff have the final say.
Address: 4901 Dusty Road, Sechelt
Tuesday to Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*No loads accepted after 4:50 p.m.
On Christmas Eve the landfill closes at 3:30 p.m.
Please note the site is closed on the following days:
National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
New Years Day
Marine debris collected through beach clean ups can be diverted from being buried through the newly established ocean plastics depot located at the landfill.
How to get there
From Gibsons, drive north on Highway 101 to Sechelt village. Turn right onto Wharf Road and follow this to the stop sign at Sechelt Inlet Road. Turn right onto Sechelt Inlet Road and follow this to Dusty Road (where double lane ends). Turn right on Dusty Road and follow this to the landfill site at the end of the paved surface.