Dogs in Parks
Yes, of course our four-legged friends are allowed on parks and trails in the Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD).
It is our goal to ensure that dog owners and non-dog owners alike can responsibly use all SCRD parks and trails. Dogs are permitted on all SCRD parks and trails; however, it is our policy that dogs must be on a leash except in off leash parks. Dogs are not permitted on playgrounds, sports fields, waterparks and in cemeteries.
The SCRD manages a designated off-leash dog park which is located at the north end of Shirley Macey Park, 930 Chamberlin Road, West Howe Sound.
Off leash dog park rules
- Clean up after your dog and throw bags in garbage cans.
- Dogs must be off-leash in dog park.
- Maintain voice control and watch your dog at all times.
- Respect other dogs and owners.
- Please do not leave your dog unattended.
- Leash your dog when leaving off-leash area.
- Observe dog zones within Shirley Macey Park.
- Dogs must be older than four months to play at the park.
The SCRD provides dog control services in Halfmoon Bay, Roberts Creek, Elphinstone, West Howe Sound and the shishalh Nation Government District. If you have questions, please call 604-885-6802