The Sunshine Coast Regional District provides water, sewer and/or garbage collection services to properties within its jurisdiction.
The cost of these services (referred to as “user fees”) are charged separately from property taxes in order to support operating costs and in some cases, the cost of replacing aging infrastructure.
Depending on the property and the services offered you may receive an annual utility invoice or a quarterly utility invoice.
Utility Billing Frequently Asked Questions
Utility fees are due by 4:30 p.m. on June 15. The following payment methods are available to customers:
- my SCRD: Pay with Visa or MasterCard through our website at www.scrd.ca/myscrd
- Online/Telephone Banking: Offered through your financial institution.
- In Person at the Bank: Available at most Canadian Institutions.
- By Mail: Postmarks are not accepted as date of payment.
- After-hours Drop Box: Located at the east entrance of the SCRD Administration Office or the front entrance of the Pender Harbour Satellite Office.
- In person at the SCRD: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) using credit card, debit card, cheque or cash.
Payments received after June 15 receive a 2% penalty per month outstanding.
If paying by mail or drop box, please write your utility account number on your cheque and include the payment stub portion of the invoice with your remittance.
Change of mailing Address
All property address information must be changed with BC Assessment and Land Titles.
The SCRD receive weekly updates from BC Assessment so our system will automatically be updated with any changes you submit to Land Titles and BC Assessment, as a result, any information changed directly in our system will be overwritten by BC Assessment weekly.
For conveyance inquiries please send your request to email@example.com with the legal description pertaining to the property.
The SCRD charges a $25 fee for property information requests related to property sales and mortgage refinancing. This fee applies to each property request, including bare land.
Still have questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us at 604-885-6806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.