sakinaw ridge Wastewater treatment facility
Located on Milne Road in Pender Harbour
Facility installed by Developer - 2008
There are 29 properties fronting the system.
Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD 2014. A Local Service Area was established by the SCRD in 2017.
Municipal Wastewater Regulation (MWR) Treatment Permit #RE-18368
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 54.5 m3/day, effluent discharged to disposal field.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Further information on plans for future upgrades for the Sakinaw Ridge facility can be found by clicking here.
Wastewater Rates for 2022
Frontage fee: $845.27
Wastewater user fee: $1,323.63
- Total increase for 2022: $19.56
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube https://youtu.be/UgotOvI5YTo
- Review: Area A - Sakinaw Ridge Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- December 2019 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Sakinaw Ridge Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan