The SCRD has a variety of facilities available to rent for one-time events and/or ongoing use.
Due to the recent announcement from the PHO, effective December 23, 2021 through January 18, 2022 indoor spaces at SCRD facilities will not be available for rent for fitness classes, parties, receptions or special events.
Facility renters for permitted events will be required to meet specific COVID-19 Safety requirements.
Review current province-wide restrictions on events and gatherings before contacting us to book an event.
BC's Restart: A plan to bring us back together - an additional reference to assist with planning.
How to rent an SCRD Facility:
STEP 1: All booking requests begin with an application form. Please complete and submit the appropriate form below:
ONE TIME EVENTS
For simple events where no alcohol is served such as meetings or children's birthdays:
Download the Simple One-time Event Application
For more complex events such as AGMs, weddings, celebrations of life, adult birthdays as well as public events such as fairs, markets, or sports tournaments where alcohol is served:
Download the Complex One-time Event Application
For help with the application process: How to Apply for a One-time Event
For individuals and groups who wish to use a facility for a season or series of dates such as games and practices, classes, or meetings.
Download the Application for Ongoing Facility Use
For help with the application process: How to Apply for Ongoing Facility Use
All Ongoing Facility rentals are subject to the SCRD Ongoing Facility Use Terms and Conditions. Please review them before you submit your application.
STEP 2: Submit your application to us in one of the following ways:
- Send it to us by email
- Mail it to SCRD Recreation, 1975 Field Road, Sechelt, BC, V7Z 0A8
- Drop off at Sechelt Aquatic Centre or Gibsons & Area Community Centre
- Applications are processed in the order they are received. We will contact you when your application has been processed an your dates are reserved.
- Whenever possible allow a minimum of 30-days before your event for the submission of your application. We will do our best to work with shorter time timeframes when required, but ask for your consideration of staff time and resources especially during peak seasons.
- Purchase insurance for your event AFTER we have contacted you and confirmed your dates.
Questions? Call 604-885-6801.