Painted Boat Wastewater treatment facility
Located on Lagoon Road in Pender Harbour
Facility installed by Developer - 2008
There are 34 properties fronting the system: 32 Residential, 1 Restaurant, 1 Spa
Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD 2008. A Local Service Area was established in 2011.
Regulated Authority: Municipal Wastewater Regulation (MWR) Treatment Permit # RE100020
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 42 m3/day (residential, spac), 5.4 m3/day (restaurant), effluent discharged to disposal field.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Utility rate update for 2021
- Frontage fee increase of $100 from $102 (2020) to $202 (2021)
- Wastewater user fee increase of $39.97 from $537.50 (2020) to $577.47 (2021)
- As of November 2020, the balance of the capital reserve fund for Painted Boat is $5,200.
Total increase for 2021: $139.97
Further information on plans for future upgrades for the Painted Boat facility can be found by clicking here.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Q_TVKZuJoNQ
- Review: Area A - Painted Boat Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- December 2019 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Painted Boat Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan