New Website is LIVE!
The Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) is delighted to launch a new website.
The new website arrives on the scene 16 years after the launch of the first website.
Over those 16 years, the SCRD website served us well but the time for a refresh was clearly due. Gone are the days of six clicks to get to your garbage schedule, four clicks to find contact information for staff and a menu structure that challenged even the most savvy of web surfers.
Using feedback received through a website audit conducted in 2020, along with hearing regularly from the community on what you want to see; the new look is built with you, the community in mind. The most visited pages are available within a single click with menus that are easy to navigate. Text and headings are easy to distinguish along with new ways to search for information.
Here are five new features that are well worth checking out.
- Homepage. The most popular sections (according to our statistics) are recreation, meeting agendas and curbside collection information. All of these and other popular pages are accessible directly from the homepage and through the top navigation menu.
- While you are on the top navigation menu, check out the menu marked “I want to …” This is where you can find shortcuts to most of the service-related enquiries we receive (change an address, pay a bill).
- Agendas. Yes, they’re still PDFs (stay tuned for potential updates on this in the future) but now you can search by year and by agenda type. Note that we have hundreds of agendas to upload. Currently, agendas are available from 2022 and 2023. If you need agendas past that date you can contact our communications team directly (information is below). It is anticipated that agendas going back as far as 2008 will be available by May. Which leads us to …
- The document library. This is a fully searchable library of everything from bylaws to agendas to water quality reports. You can search by the type of document or by using a keyword (think of it as an SCRD google). As we add more to this library, more categories and options will become available.
- Parks. You can now search for a park based on the area that you want to visit or the amenity that you need. You can search and add criteria such as a park with a beach or picnic facilities.
While there are a lot of new features, we have not completely forgotten our roots. The beloved SCRD logo remains!
There is more planned for the future of the site. This will include more ways to conduct business virtually through the website. Stay tuned.
Finally, if there is a page or information that you regularly access and can no longer find, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our communications team.
Manager, Communications and Engagement