Welcome to My Recreation!
Service Announcement - COVID 19
Work required to safely restart Recreation Services is underway - UPDATE July 31, 2020
Multiple governing bodies and Provincial Organizations (WorkSafe BC, BCRPA, Lifesaving Society, VCH, MIABC and others) have recently released guidelines to safely reopen Recreation Facilities.
Staff have been thoroughly reviewing these guidelines to determine what is required to restart Recreation in a safe and coordinated manner.
Using this information, Staff prepared reports to go to the SCRD Board reflecting Budget impacts, mitigation strategies and recommendations regarding Recreation Service levels.
On July 30, 2020, the Board voted to approve the following recommendations:
• Gibsons and Area Community Centre be re-opened at Service Level Two (full opening during the pandemic) effective September through December 2020, while meeting all health and safety guidelines and with limited instructor-led programming;
• Sechelt Aquatic Centre be re-opened at Service Level Two (full opening during the pandemic) in September 2020, while meeting all health and safety guidelines and with limited instructor-led programming.
• Sunshine Coast Arena be re-opened for dry-floor use only September through December 2020, while meeting all health and safety guidelines;
• Pender Harbour Aquatic and Fitness Centre to be re-opened in September, as scheduled, while meeting all health and safety guidelines;
• Gibsons and District Aquatic Facility remain closed (Service Level Zero) through to the end of 2020;
There are now a number of details to finalize each with their own unique timelines (i.e. Ordering supplies, recalling Staff, Staff training, Plan implementation and so on).
We will continue to communicate as progress on restarting is made. Thank you for your continued patience, support and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back to SCRD Recreation facilities and programs.
Connect with us to receive up-to-date information about the Summer Recreation Guide release date, registration date for summer programs, when the recreation facilities will re-open and more!
Helpful resources, and weekly themes and activites for recreating (from a distance)!
Online Registration & Recreation Guide
View information about the Summer Recreation Guide and registration.
Fees & Passes
View admission fees and learn about our passes.
Learn about drop-in and registration activities offered through recreation.
Hours of Operation & Closures
Find out about facility hours of operation, holiday hours and closures.
Learn about becoming an instructor.