woodcreek Wastewater treatment facility
Located in the Wood Park Subdivision, Off Ocean View Drive - D.L. 907
Facility installed by Developer - New Treatment Facility and Disposal Field installed in 1999
There are 73 properties fronting the system.
Min of W L A & P Permit # Date issued: PE- 04183, Amended in May, 2000.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 75 m3 per day.
Permitted effluent quality: BOD 45 mg /l, TSS 45 mg /l.
This Facility uses a Recirculation Gravel Filter - Discharge to Disposal Field.
The Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD December, 1995.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Utility rate update for 2021
- Frontage fee increase of $200 from $102 (2020) to $302 (2021)
- Wastewater user fee increase of $94.38 from $554.17 (2020) to $648.55 (2021)
- As of November 2020, the balance of the capital reserve fund for Woodcreek is $33,000.
Total increase for 2021: $294.38
Further information on upgrades being planned for Woodcreek in the coming years can be found by clicking here.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube https://youtu.be/LfsvmTxg-XA
- Review - Area E - Woodcreek Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- January 2020 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Woodcreek Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan