Langdale Wastewater treatment facility
Located near the intersection of Newman Road and YMCA Road - D.L. 1398
Facility installed by Developer - 1981
There are 40 properties fronting this system.
Min of W L A & P Permit # Date issued: PE – 6209, October 23, 1981.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 54.6 m3 per Day.
Permitted effluent quality: BOD 45 mg/l, TSS 60 mg/l.
This Facility is a Rotating Biological Contactor and Disposal Field.
The Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD June 1, 1990.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
2021 FEASIBLITY STUDY
During the Summer of 2021, the SCRD engaged a contractor to perform a replacement feasibility study for the Langdale Wastewater Facility. The study assessed the current performance of the system and provided recommendations for repairs, upgrades or replacements if required. The study can be found HERE.
Utility rate update for 2021
- Frontage fee increase of $100 from $102 (2020) to $202 (2021)
- Wastewater user fee increase of $184.80 from $924.98 (2020) to $1,109.78 (2021)
- As of November 2020, the balance of the capital reserve fund for Langdale is $4,080.
Total increase for 2021: $284.80
Further information on upgrades being planned for Langdale in order to provide the best course of action to resolve issues relating to aging infrastructure can be found by clicking here.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/tNHf0NszCGo
- Review: Area F - Langdale Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- January 2020 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Langdale Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan