Sitemap Close
My SCRD Online

Risk & Claims Management

Property Damage or Injury

If you have incurred costs as a result of a claim, for which you believe Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) may be responsible, you must follow the process outlined below for your claim to be considered.

Please note, you are required by legislation to notify the SCRD in writing within two months from the date on which the damage occurred or the claim cannot be considered as per Section 736 the Local Government Act.

How to Make a Claim For:

  1. Damage or loss to your property or home
    (i) please contact the SCRD Risk Management Division to ensure they are aware of the incident;
    (ii) please contact your personal property or home insurer.
  2. Damage to your vehicle – please contact ICBC and your private insurer (if applicable) directly. To report an accident and make a claim, please contact ICBC - Dial-a-Claim 1.800.910.4222 or online at

Notify your insurance company of the damage. Your insurance policy may provide coverage for your damage, and this may be the quickest way to recover costs and have repairs done. Your insurance company may then pursue any party they believe to be responsible for the damage.

For all other claims, please proceed with the following process - If you wish to make a claim, please submit your Notice of Claim via email at or to the following address:

Sunshine Coast Regional District
Attention: Manager Purchasing and Risk Management
1975 Field Road
Sechelt, BC V0N 3A1

Your Notice of Claim must contain and should be filed on the SCRD's claims form:

  • Name, address and telephone number of the person making the claim.
  • Date, location and time of the incident.
  • Apparent cause of the damage suffered (to the extent it is known).
  • Nature of the damage suffered (i.e. personal injury, property damage, expenses incurred, etc.).
  • Pictures, videos, other information.