Lee Bay Wastewater treatment facility
Located at the intersection of Lee Road and Orca Road
Facility installed by Developers - 1979. Significant upgrades completed in 1997 & 2001.
Has had several upgrades to increase capacity and improve the quality of effluent.
There are 179 properties fronting the system.
Min of W L A & P Permit #: PE - 5450.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 135 m3 per day.
Permitted effluent quality: BOD 45 mg/l, TSS 60 mg/l.
This Facility is a Trickling Filter followed by a Gravel Recirculating filter - Discharge to a Ground Disposal Field.
The Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD June 30, 1986.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch live on YouTube: https://youtu.be/bgAWbwlScRA
- Review: Area A - Lee Bay Wasterwater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- December 2019 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Lee Bay Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan