ELECTORAL AREAS' Grant-in-Aid
Each year the Sunshine Coast Regional District distributes grants to recreation, educational, social, environmental, arts, and cultural organizations located throughout the region. All organizations who receive this funding are non-profit groups that depend on the dedication of volunteers to operate and manage their organizations.
The funding of Electoral Areas' Grant-in-Aid is provided by the unincorporated areas of Egmont/Pender Harbour (Area A), Halfmoon Bay (Area B), Roberts Creek (Area D), Elphinstone (Area E), and West Howe Sound and Islands (Area F).
How to apply
Please review the Electoral Areas' Grant-in-Aid SCRD Board Policy before completing the application.
Complete the application form. The application deadline is March 31, 2022.
ELECTORAL AREAS’ GRANT-IN-AID PROGRAM GUIDE
1. All applications should detail how they contribute to the general interests and advantage of the Electoral Areas. Those applications that have a measurable benefit to communities outside of the Electoral Areas should apply to the appropriate municipal grants-of-assistance programs and provide confirmation of that application or provide details of other forms of assistance provided by the municipality or municipalities. Not doing so may result in an application being returned or denied.
2. Applicants are generally required to provide a local component of funding, either through fundraising, donation, work-in-kind, contribution from local municipalities or corporate support.
3. It should be noted that the Electoral Areas’ Grant-in-Aid process is very competitive and applicants should submit the best and most complete application possible.
4. The application form must be used and accompanied by the required additional documentation listed below:
• latest financial statement (Balance Sheet and Revenue and Expense Statement)
• detailed project, program, service or special event budget (including all funding sources for same)
• summary budget for current year (including anticipated grants)
• annual report (if available).
5. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and will be returned to the applicant. All complete applications meeting the specified criteria will be subject to review.
6. Applicants are required to explain how their project will benefit either the “Local” or “Regional” Community.
7. Applicants are required to indicate if they are submitting the application on behalf of another organization and that organization is also a non-profit organization.
8. Applicants must have a bank account in the society’s / organization’s name.
9. Applicants will be notified in writing as to whether or not their request has been successful and, if successful, the amount they will receive. No funding will be available until after the adoption of the Final Budget. Unless other arrangements have been approved by the Board, applicants will receive their funding after August 1st.
10. The society / organization will complete and submit the Reporting Out form no later than January 31 of the year immediately following the year for which the Electoral Areas’ Grant-in-Aid was provided.
***Applications will be accepted at Field Road reception, by mail, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and also at the drop slot at SCRD Main Office at 1975 Field Road on the side entrance of the building.