The Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) Board (the "Board"), created a new Strategic Plan in 2019, for their term of office. Aligning projects with an SCRD Strategic Plan and other planning documents, and keeping in mind the current economic conditions and challenges faced by the Sunshine Coast community, the Board endeavours to keep services affordable and taxes as low as possible in review of the budget. The Budget process for 2021:
- February 1 and 2, 2021 - Round 1 Budget
- Late February / Early March - Public Information Sessions (further information below)
- March 4 and 5, 2021 - Round 2 Budget
- March 25, 2021 - Financial Plan Adoption
We ask that you share your thoughts on how we can take the necessary steps to continue to build on a stronger and more prosperous Sunshine Coast community.
Public Information Sessions
In late February and early March, SCRD Directors hosted virtual information sessions prior to Round 2 Budget with residents. This was done to ensure that residents were informed about decisions being made in relation to projects in 2021 and the resulting tax increases. These information sessions can be viewed below.
Area D (Roberts Creek), Area E (Elphinstone) & Area F (West Howe Sound)
Friday, February 26 at 6 p.m -YouTube Video of Information Session
Sechelt Indian Government District
If you have a question relating to the budget and impacts on the Sechelt Indian Government District please send your question via our budget feedback form.
Town of Gibsons
March 2 at 7 p.m. - YouTube Video of Information Session
District of Sechelt
March 3 at 7 p.m - YouTube Video of Information Session
FInancial Plan Reports
The Financial Plan process requires that all services and funding levels be thoroughly reviewed by the SCRD Board to ensure public funding is allocated efficiently, effectively, and with accountability. The process also requires public consultation, which is achieved through open committee meetings and public information sessions. The Financial Plan content and process is a requirement for all local governments under the Local Government Act.
2021-2025 Draft Financial Plan - Updated April 16
- 2021 - 2025 Draft Financial Plan - Updated March 25
- 2021 Round 2 Budget - 2021 Proposed Initiatives and 2020 Carry-Forwards Summary
- 2021 Budget Requests from Community Partners & Stakeholders
- 2021 - 2025 Draft Financial Plan - Round 2 Budget
- 2021 SCRD Presentation Introduction to Round 1
- 2020 SCRD Public Presentation after Round 2
- 2020 - 2024 FInancial Plan
- 2020 Amended Budget Average (Residentatial Taxation and Fees Summary)
- 2020 Amended Budget Tax by Area
- 2020 Amended Budget B and F Island Taxation Summaries
BUDGET RELATED REPORTING AND PRESENTATIONS
Throughout the Budget Year reporting is provided to the SCRD Board for consideration, this may include financial plan amendments, new projects, grant opportunities, rates and fee changes. The following agenda links, reports and presentations are provided in response to frequently asked questions about the budget.
Pre-Budget Special Corporate and Administrative Services Committee Agenda
2021 Round 1 Budget Special Corporate and Administrative Services Committee Agenda
2021 Round 2 Budget Special Corporate and Administrative Services Committee Agenda
Agenda with Reports Pertaining to:
Wastewater 2021 Frontage Fee Review
2021 Wastewater User Fee Review
North and South Pender Harbour Water and Regional Water Service Areas 2021 Rate Reviews
2021 Refuse Collection Fee Review