The Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) Board (the "Board"), created a new Strategic Plan in 2019, for their term of office. Aligning projects with an SCRD Strategic Plan and other planning documents, and keeping in mind the current economic conditions and challenges faced by the Sunshine Coast community, the Board endeavours to keep services affordable and taxes as low as possible in review of the budget. The Budget process for 2022 is outlined below:
- Launch of Budget 2022 Community Check-In – September 27
- Pre-budget – November 1 and 2
- November Budget Information Sessions - WATCH HERE
- Round 1 Budget Meetings – December 13 to 15
- January Information Sessions - Information HERE and below.
- Round 2 Budget Meetings – January 24
- Adoption of Financial Plan – February 24
Budget 2022 - Community Information Sessions
In January, SCRD Directors and staff took part in Community Information Sessions. Links to these sessions and presentations are below.
Areas A & B
Thursday, January 13 at 7 p.m.
View the presentation HERE.
Watch back on YouTube by clicking HERE.
Learn more about this year’s budget and ask questions at letstalk.scrd.ca/budget
We want to hear from you
We want your feedback on the services that are important to you and where you would like to see tax dollars being spent. Share your thoughts and ask questions on our Let's Talk Budget Page.
FInancial Plan Reports
The Financial Plan process requires that all services and funding levels be thoroughly reviewed by the SCRD Board to ensure public funding is allocated efficiently, effectively, and with accountability. The process also requires public consultation, which is achieved through open committee meetings and public information sessions. The Financial Plan content and process is a requirement for all local governments under the Local Government Act.
- 2021- 2025 Final Financial Plan - Updated June 24
- 2021 Round 2 Budget - 2021 Proposed Initiatives and 2020 Carry-Forwards Summary
- 2021 Budget Requests from Community Partners & Stakeholders
- 2021 SCRD Presentation Introduction to Round 1
- 2020 - 2024 Financial Plan
- 2020 Amended Budget Average (Residentatial Taxation and Fees Summary)
- 2020 Amended Budget Tax by Area
- 2020 Amended Budget B and F Island Taxation Summaries
BUDGET RELATED REPORTING AND PRESENTATIONS
Throughout the Budget Year reporting is provided to the SCRD Board for consideration, this may include financial plan amendments, new projects, grant opportunities, rates and fee changes. The following agenda links, reports and presentations are provided in response to frequently asked questions about the budget.
Pre-Budget Special Corporate and Administrative Services Committee Agenda
2021 Round 1 Budget Special Corporate and Administrative Services Committee Agenda
2021 Round 2 Budget Special Corporate and Administrative Services Committee Agenda
Agenda with Reports Pertaining to:
Wastewater 2021 Frontage Fee Review
2021 Wastewater User Fee Review
North and South Pender Harbour Water and Regional Water Service Areas 2021 Rate Reviews
2021 Refuse Collection Fee Review