Dogs in Parks
The Sunshine Coast has long been known for its residents
having a true love for man’s best friend. It is our goal to
ensure that dog owners and non dog owners alike can
responsibly use of all Sunshine Coast Regional District
(SCRD) parks and trails. Dogs are permitted on all SCRD parks and trails, however, it is our policy that dogs must be on a leash except in offleash parks. Dogs are not permitted on playgrounds, sports fields, waterparks and in cemeteries.
Shirley Macey Off-Leash Dog Park
The SCRD manages a new designated off-leash dog
park located at the north end of Shirley Macey Park, 930
Chamberlin Road, West Howe Sound. If you are visiting the off-leash area of the park, please follow these rules:
- Clean up after your dog and throw bags in garbage cans.
- Dogs must be off-leash in dog park.
- Maintain voice control and watch your dog at all times.
- Respect other dogs and owners.
- Please do not leave your dog unattended.
- Leash your dog when leaving off-leash area.
- Observe dog zones within Shirley Macey Park.
- Dogs must be older than four months to play at the park.
The SCRD provides dog control services in Halfmoon Bay, Roberts Creek, Elphinstone, West Howe Sound and the Sechelt Indian Government District.
Questions? Please call 604-885-6802.