Register for FALL swim lessons starting August 17 at 6:00 am.
Preview swim lessons online starting August 5.
- by phone 604-885-6801
- in person at Gibsons & Area Community Centre and Sechelt Aquatic Centre.
Swim lessons fill up quickly. We recommend that you get ready! Please read below for important information about Fall 2022 Swim Lessons.
Fall 2022 - Same lessons, same price, new names!
If you are you planning to register your child for swim lessons this fall there is some important information you need to know.
If you have taken swimming lessons before, then you will know that the lesson programs were developed by the Red Cross. These programs are now being retired by the Red Cross and will transition to the Lifesaving Society Swim for Life program in the fall.
The lessons will continue to focus on learning to swim and preventing drowning, be the same price as before, but the names of the lessons will be different.
So, before you register for lessons, please take time to get ready and find out the new names of the program you would like to book.
Guides to name changes
Use these guides below to learn about how the names have changed and how to get ready for registration.
- Parent & Tot (parent is in the water with child)
- Preschool levels
- School Age Kids - 5 to 12 years
- Adult & Teen
While the chart gives a general idea of what level to register children in, if you are unsure of your child’s swimming level you are encouraged to book a free swim assessment. Book a swim assessment by calling 604-885-6801.
Everyone Welcome Swims
To have an enjoyable swim please observe the following:
- Children Under the age of 7 need to be closely supervised within arm's reach of a responsible person 16 years or older.
- Persons under 13 years of age are permitted in the hot areas provided they are closely supervised by a responsible person 16 years or older.
- Recommended length of stay in one of our hot areas is 10 minutes.
- Bring proper swimming attire. Cotton, like t-shirts and cut off shorts are hard on the filtration system. Dry fit or lycra materials is preferred.
- Aquatic play features may not be available during your swim. Availability is dependent upon programming and staffing considerations.
- Avoid bringing valuables and extra items with you. Lost and found will be limited to phones, wallets and keys. Valuables will be sent to the RCMP.
Questions? Contact us.