square bay Wastewater treatment facility
Located in Square Bay at the end of Susan Way - D.L.2394
Facility installed by Developer - 1970
There are 93 properties fronting the system.
Min of W L A & P Permit # Date issued: No. PR-375, December, 1970.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 171 m3 per day - to Ocean Outfall.
Permitted effluent quality: BOD 45 mg/l, TSS 45 mg/l.
This is an Aeration Facility - Activated Sludge.
The Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD October 1, 1990.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Utility rate update for 2021
- Frontage fee remaining the same at $217.42
- Wastewater user fee increase of $134.83 from $501.19 (2020) to $636.02 (2021)
- As of November 2020, the balance of the capital reserve fund for Square Bay is $44,800
Total increase for 2021: $134.83
Further information on recent upgrades to the Square Bay facility and current issues that need to be addressed can be found by clicking here.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube https://youtu.be/-kPxmf37lSU
- Review: Area B - Square Bay Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- January 2020 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Square Bay Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan