Before you throw something away consider how you might extend or give it a second life.
This can be done through:
- Reuse options
- Share or Repair Options
- Thrift, Consignment & Antique Shops and Flea Markets
- Businesses that offer refills (beer to cleaners to food to shampoo to soaps and most in between)
Check around before throwing something away. You might find a neighbour or someone in the community who could use your item. If you can't find something, make sure you recycle what you can.
Consider extending the life of your items by repairing before you replace or perhaps you can rent the items you need.
- Car Sharing
- Computer Servicing
- Clothing repair
- Equipment rentals or lending libraries
- Repair events and cafes
- Online sharing communities for everything from furniture to clothing
THRIFT, Consignment & Antique Shops + Flea Markets
- Give your items a second life by dontating them for reuse.
Businesses that Offer Refills
- most local coffee shops let you bring your own mug! save that paper cup :)
- Breweries! Get refills on growlers - call ahead to your favourite brewery for more information
- Bring your own container