withdrawal, Refund and cancellation Policy
Withdrawals from a registered program made within 72 hours of the start of the program will be refunded to account. Withdrawals made within 72 hours of the start of the program will not be refunded. Exceptions may be granted by the Recreation Coordinator under extenuating circumstances.
All refunds are issued to customer account for use at a later date. Refunds will not be made to customer credit card. Refund by cheque of a balance on a customer account may be made upon request.
CANCELLATION by the SCRD
A cancellation by the SCRD may occur when a registered program (whole or in part) is cancelled due to minimal registration not being met, changes from the instructor, or other material changes that make it impossible for the activity to proceed. Registrants will receive a full refund to account.
FACILITY RENTAL CANCELLATIONS
When a customer will not be using a facility for which they have prepaid access or for which they have been issued a permit, a cancellation is made. 14-days notice is required for one-time events in order to qualify for a full refund including damage deposit. Ongoing users do not qualify for refunds, but may choose alternate dates or find an approved substitute user.
COVID-19 ADDENDUM FOR PRE-REGISTERED DROP-IN ACTIVITIES
Applicable until Sunday July 25, last day with pre-registered drop-in activities.
Dropping-in to recreation facilities starts on Monday July 26
COVID-19 created unique circumstances that required patrons to pre-register for activities which would normally be drop-in activities. For these activities,:
- Patrons may cancel their reserved spot a minimum of 24 hours prior to the start of the activity and receive a refund back to their account in ACTIVENet.
- Patrons will first be given the option to transfer their booking to another time slot at the time of their cancellation.
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of the event will not be refunded unless the patron is sick or other extenuating circumstances, as acceptable to the Recreation Coordinator or designate.
- Pass holders will not be refunded. However, no-shows will be noted on the customer’s account and followed up on. Users who frequently cancel their bookings will be monitored.
- Any and all refunds will be made back to the customer’s recreation account in ACTIVENet.
- If a refund is requested after the activity, and unforeseen circumstances prevented the request to be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the start of the event, a refund may be issued at the discretion of the Recreation Coordinator, or designate.
To withdraw from your activity, please call 604-885-6801 or email us.