PoRTS & DOCKS LoCATIONS AND REGULATIONS
The Sunshine Coast Regional District is responsible for 9 ports and docks located on Gambier Island, Keats Island, Thormanby Island, Hopkins Landing and Halfmoon Bay.
SAFETY RULES & REGULATIONS AT SCRD PORTS & DOCKS
• No person shall obstruct or interfere with any person, vessel, watercraft or seaplane lawfully using the dock.
• No person shall behave in a disorderly, dangerous or offensive manner on the dock.
• No person shall make or cause noises or sound, operate any equipment, vehicles, vessel, watercraft, seaplane or machinery which disturbs or tends to disturb the quiet, peace, enjoyment and comfort of other persons. The above does not prohibit music integral to a camp or community celebration provided the music occurs between the hours of 10:00 am and 9:00 pm.
• No person shall possess an open container of liquor on the dock.
• No littering on the dock or in the water surrounding a dock.
• No person shall place, post or erect a sign on a dock unless with permission from the SCRD. Notwithstanding the above, community notices and temporary non-commercial banners are permitted.
• No person shall remove, destroy or damage any portion of the dock structure or any sign, notice, rule or regulation posted on a dock by or under the authority of the SCRD.
• No person shall abandon a vessel, watercraft or seaplane at the dock.
• No person shall moor a vessel, watercraft or seaplane at the dock in such a manner as to unduly obstruct the movement of other vessels or watercraft.
• No vessel, watercraft or seaplane shall moor at a dock for a period in excess of 24 hours unless otherwise posted by the SCRD.
• No person shall use the surface of a dock for any major maintenance or repair work or do any other thing in such a manner as to impede the use of the dock by others.
• No person shall build or place any structure on a dock unless authorized by the SCRD.
• No person shall store any material of any kind, including a watercraft, on the surface of a dock unless in an area posted as a storage area. SCRD staff may order a vessel, watercraft or seaplane removed from the dock or moved to alter its position to facilitate the proper management, control and use of the dock.
Any person who contravenes these rules and regulations or other provisions of Ports Regulations Bylaw No. 518, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of not less than $50.00 and not more than the maximum prescribed by the Offence Act.
All authorized personnel and emergency personnel, while acting in the course of their duties, as well as emergency vehicles, are exempt from the provisions of this Bylaw.
For further information on the bylaw or more specific information such as moorage and parking times at each of the docks, or to report a violation, please contact the Sunshine Coast Regional District at 604 885-6800.
Port and Dock
1. Vaucroft Dock
North Thormanby Island