Connect, have fun, and support each other to recreate safely and creatively from a distance!
The SCRD Recreation Team misses you and since you can’t come visit us, we are coming to you with our brand new Distance Recreation initiative! Work required to safely restart Recreation Services is underway.
Distance Recreation is a way for us all to share information, activity ideas, and stories to keep us moving, creating, learning, and be a little bit more connected (from a distance).
On this page you will find:
- Helpful resources from trusted recreation organizations
- Up-to-date information on how we can recreate from a distance
Share what you are doing on the SCRD Parks & Recreation Facebook page, where you will find videos, pictures, and activity ideas and stories.
- Weekly themes with free activities and resources for all ages
- May 11 - 17: Let’s Get Outside!
- May 18 - 24: What Are We Going To Eat?
- May 25 - 31: Workouts With Regular Household Items!
- Jun 1 - 7: Find Your Flexibility
- Jun 8 - 14: Water Safety Week
- Jun 15 - 21: Stick Handling through COVID-19
- Jun 22 - 28: Feeling Artsy!
- Jun 29 - Jul 5: Cultural Connections
No special equipment is required. All you need to do is give it a try. Spread the word and, if you haven’t already, be sure to “Like” the SCRD Parks & Recreation Facebook page and check back for up-to-date information.
Let’s stay connected, have some fun, and support each other to safely and creatively recreate from a distance.
Choose to Move Program for Older Adults: A collection of trusted resources for how to stay active and connected at home.
Physical Activty Resource Guide by Participaction: No gym? No park? No problem! Check out this roundup of free resources to stay active & healthy.
Virtual Fitness classes for the Public by the BCRPA: Workout from home. Led by BCRPA certified Fitness instructors.
Physical Literacy at Home by Sport for Life: a series of short videos that help support parents and guardians and kids to develop physical literacy at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
More to come...check back again soon!