Connect, have fun, and support each other to recreate safely and creatively from a distance!
The SCRD Recreation Team misses you and since you can’t come visit us, we are coming to you with our brand new Distance Recreation initiative!
Distance Recreation is a way for us all to share information, activity ideas, and stories to keep us moving, creating, learning, and be a little bit more connected (from a distance).
On this page you will find:
- Helpful resources from trusted recreation organizations
- Up-to-date information on how we can recreate from a distance
On the SCRD Parks & Recreation Facebook page you will find:
- Weekly themes with free activities and resources for all ages
- May 11 - 17: Let’s Get Outside!
- May 18 - 24: What Are We Going To Eat?
- May 25 - 31: Workouts With Regular Household Items!
- Jun 1 - 7: Find Your Flexibility
- Videos, stories, pictures, and a community to share your great ideas
No special equipment is required. All you need to do is give it a try. Spread the word and, if you haven’t already, be sure to “Like” the SCRD Parks & Recreation Facebook page and check back for up-to-date information.
Let’s stay connected, have some fun, and support each other to safely and creatively recreate from a distance.
Choose to Move Program for Older Adults: A collection of trusted resources for how to stay active and connected at home.
Physical Activty Resource Guide by Participaction: No gym? No park? No problem! Check out this roundup of free resources to stay active & healthy.
Virtual Fitness classes for the Public by the BCRPA: Workout from home. Led by BCRPA certified Fitness instructors.
Physical Literacy at Home by Sport for Life: a series of short videos that help support parents and guardians and kids to develop physical literacy at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
More to come...check back again soon!