secret cove Wastewater treatment facility
Located at Secret Cove Road, Secret Cove Strata - D.L. 4544
Facility installed by Developer - 1981
There are 33 users plus 1 commercial user at present with 30 properties fronting the system.
Min of W L A & P Permit # Date issued: PE – 04769 June 9, 1979 (Amended Feb 12, 1996)
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 57 M3 per day - to Ocean Outfall.
Permitted effluent quality: BOD 45 mg/l, TSS 60 mg/l.
This Facility is a Sequencing Batch Reactor – Activated Sludge.
The Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD May 31, 1986.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Utility rate update for 2021
- Frontage fee increase of $50 from $102 (2020) to $152 (2021)
- Wastewater user fee increase of $96.21 from $616.36 (2020) to $712.57 (2021)
- As of November 2020, the balance of the capital reserve fund for Secret Cove is $12,800.
Total increase for 2021: $146.21
Future upgrades being planned for Secret Cove include the replacement of a metal screen in 2021, more information about this will be presented as part of the budget process for 2021. In addition, the replacement of outfall anchors is planned for 2024 and will ensure that outfall will stay at the seabed. More information on this and other future upgrades can be found by clicking here.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube https://youtu.be/9y2gYWr-gRU
- Review: Area B - Secret Cove Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- January 2020 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Secret Cove Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan