Official Community Plan
Amendments & Rezoning Application
Every property in SCRD is classified with a “zone”, which determines the types of activities that are permitted on the property, the location and size of buildings that can be constructed, and the size of lots that can be created.
A rezoning is the public process required to change land use or increase density on a property beyond what is permitted by the Zoning Bylaw—usually by changing the zone of the property. An amendment to the Official Community Plan may also be required.
- Prepare your documents, review the application requirements
- Book a pre-application meeting with a Planner at email@example.com
- Prepare any further requirements following pre-application meeting
- Submit complete application package with all required documents, digital and hard copy (both are required). **Incomplete applications will not be accepted.**
- Pay the application fee. Fees will be accepted with a complete application package.
The process requires an application fee, a public information meeting, a public hearing and referral to a local planning advisory commission before the Regional District Board make their decision.
Forms and Fees
To complete an application, please fill out the OCP & Zoning Bylaw Amendment Application Form.
Please see the application Fee Schedule.