Sitemap Close
My SCRD Online

Official Community Plan
Amendments & Rezoning Application

Amendments to the current Official Community Plan or zoning bylaw may be required when the proposed use or density of a property is not permitted in the current zoning. In most cases property owners will be requested to develop within the means of the existing zoning.

When there is an application for an OCP amendment or rezoning, the application will be considered by the SCRD Board, advisory committees, referral agencies and by the public.

The process requires an application fee, a public information meeting, a public hearing and referral to a local planning advisory commission before the Regional District Board make their decision.

For more information, view our OCP & Zoning Bylaw Amendment Brochure.

To complete an application, please fill out the OCP & Zoning Bylaw Amendment Application Form.

The following chart outlines the general application process: