merrill crescent Wastewater treatment facility
Located on Merrill Road off Francis Peninsula Road in Pender Harbour
D.L. 1362 Facility installed by Developer - Date of installation unknown.
There are 14 properties fronting the system.
Min of W L A & P Permit # Date issued: N/A - Under Health Regulation.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: N/A - accept and treat discharge from 14 homes.
Permitted effluent quality: BOD & TSS N/A.
This Facility is a Sequencing Batch Reactor – Activated Sludge - Discharge to Disposal Field.
The Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD 1990.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube (https://youtu.be/vS-WE6MfyzM)
- Review: Area A - Merrill Crescent Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- December 2019 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Merrill Crescent Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan