Jolly roger Wastewater treatment facility
Location Located at the Jolly Roger on Secret Cove Road - D.L. 4545.
Facility installed by Developer - 1979.
There are 31 users plus 1 commercial user at present with 31 properties fronting the system.
Min of W L A & P Permit #PE – 04769.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 57 m3 per day.
Permitted effluent quality: BOD 45 mg/l, TSS 60 mg/l.
This facility is a Sequencing Batch Reactor – Activated Sludge – Discharge to Ocean.
The Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD June 30, 1985.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Utility rate update for 2021
- Frontage fee increase of $50 from $102 (2020) to $152 (2021)
- Wastewater user fee increase of $150.35 from $682.19 (2020) to $832.54 (2021)
- As of November 2020, the balance of the capital reserve fund for Jolly Rodger is $39,600
Total increase for 2021: $200.35
Future upgrades being planned for Jolly Rodger include the replacement of a metal screen in 2021, more information about this will be presented as part of the budget process for 2021. In addition, the replacement of outfall anchors is planned for 2024 and will ensure that outfall will stay at the seabed. More information on this and other future upgrades can be found by clicking here.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube https://youtu.be/P9syLNeLAEk
- Review: Area B - Jolly Roger Wasterwater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- January 2020 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Jolly Roger Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan