greaves road Wastewater treatment facility
Located on Greaves Road, on Francis Peninsula in Pender Harbour
Facility installed by Developer, installation date unknown.
This Facility is a Septic System with Ground Disposal.
There are 6 properties fronting the system.
The Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD 1983.
Min of W L A & P Permit # Date issued: N/A - Under Health Regulation.
Permitted effluent quality: N/A – Septic Tank Quality.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: N/A - accept and treat discharge from 6 homes, effluent discharged to disposal field.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
2021 Feasiblity Study
During the Summer of 2021, the SCRD engaged a contractor to perform a replacement feasibility study for the Greaves Road Wastewater Facility. The study assessed the current performance of the system and provided recommendations for repairs, upgrades or replacements if required. The study can be found HERE.
Utility rate update for 2021
- Frontage fee increase of $100 from $102 (2020) to $202 (2021)
- Wastewater user fee decrease of $115.24 from $595.84 (2020) to $480.60 (2021)
- As of November 2020, the balance of the capital reserve fund for Greaves Road is $3,200.
Total decrease for 2021: - $15.24
Further information on future upgrades to Greaves Road including plans for replacing the plant can be found by clicking here.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube (https://youtu.be/5ueMdfGCONA)
- Review - Area A - Greaves Road Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- December 2019 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Greaves Road Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan