curran road Wastewater treatment facility
Located on Curran Road in Halfmoon Bay - D.L. 1951A
Facility installed by Developer - 1982/83
There are 61 properties fronting the system.
A new subdivision added 9 new potential users in 2004.
Min of W L A & P Permit # Date issued PE – 05779, August 25, 1980.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: 200 m3 per day.
Permitted effluent quality: BOD 45 mg/l, TSS 60 mg/l.
This facility is a Rotating Biological Contactor with sand filter and UV disinfection – Discharge to Ocean.
Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD January, 1992.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube https://youtu.be/tzXznJBSWmk
- Review: Area B - Curran Road Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- January 2020 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Curran Road Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan