SUNSHINE COAST EMERGENCY PROGRAM (scep)
For information about the Emergency Program, please contact:
Sunshine Coast Emergency Program
The Emergency Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, mitigating, responding and recovering from natural and man-made disasters. The coordinator also keeps the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in a state of readiness and maintains the emergency medical and response supplies.
The Emergency Program Coordinator is also responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining liaisons with municipalities, departments, and agencies to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination, and exchanges of personnel and equipment.
- Proposing alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergency situations.
- Collaborating with other officials to prepare and analyze damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.
- Coordinating disaster response or crisis management activities, such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, and implementing special needs plans and programs.
- Developing instructional materials for the public and make presentations to citizens' groups to provide information on emergency plans and their implementation process.