Pertinent Code and Regulations
The B.C. Building Code and Sunshine Coast Regional District Building Bylaw 687.
The B.C. Plumbing Code and Sunshine Coast Regional District Plumbing Bylaw 400.
Electrical, Natural Gas & Propane Fired Appliances
Homeowners Protection Act.
- BC Energy Step Code
BC ENERGY STEP CODE - STEP 1 ReQUIREMENTS Now in Effect
The SCRD has adopted the following requirements in relation to the conservation of energy and the reduction of greenhouse gas emission:
- All buildings regulated by Part 9 of the BC Building Code containing residential occupancies, as defined by the BC Building Code, shall be designed and constructed to meet the minimum performance requirements specified in Step 1 of the Energy Step Code.
- All buildings regulated by Part 3 of the BC Building Code conaining residential, business and personal services, or mercantile occupancies, as defined by the BC Building Code, shall be designed and constructed to meet the minimum performance requirements specified in Step 1 of the Energy Step Code.
Additional resources and information about the BC Energy Step Code can be found here - BC Energy Step Code
Resources for finding qualified Energy Advisors or Energy Modelers:
- Better Homes BC Search Tool
- CACEA Energy Advisor Database
- CHBA Licensed Energy Advisors
- NRC Service Organization Database
On December 10, 2018 the latest edition of the BC Building Code came in to effect. All design and construction of the building permit applications received after December 10 2018 are required to comply with the new code.
For convenience, we are providing PDF documents outlining the various code changes. Please click on the link below to open these printable documents.
For more information of how to obtain any of the new BC Building Codes (Building, Fire, Plumbing) click on the link below: