canoe road Wastewater treatment facility
Located on Canoe Road in Pender Harbour - D.L. 1392
Facility installed by Developer - 1982/1983
There are 10 properties fronting the system.
Facility and Operations Permit was turned over to the SCRD 1990.
Min of W L A & P Permit # Date issued: N/A - Under Health Regulation.
Permitted Allowable Discharge: N/A - accept and treat discharge from 10 homes, effluent discharged to disposal field.
Small sewer treatment systems are sensitive and flushing harmful contaminants or non-biodegradable materials can interrupt the treatment process. To be kind to your sewer treatment plant and reduce costs of maintenance, please read the instructions provided on what or what not to flush.
Utility rate update for 2021
- Frontage fee remaining the same at $424.30
- Wastewater user fee decrease of $105.83 from $1,076.58 (2020) to $970.75 (2021)
- As of November 2020, the balance of the capital reserve fund for Canoe Road is $3,070.
Total decrease for 2021: - $105.83
Further information on upgrades being planned for Canoe Road including replacement of the collection system in the coming years can be found by clicking here.
Capital Funding Information Session
- Watch on YouTube https://youtu.be/4P0J-qYsipY
- Review: Area A - Canoe Road Wastewater 2020 Summer Update
A review of wastewater service utility rates is currently underway. Learn more here:
- December 2019 - Fact Sheet - Wastewater Service Review
- November 2019 - Wastewater Service Review and Asset Management Plans
- November 2019 - Canoe Road Wastewater Local Service Asset Management Plan