BACKROAD TRASH BASH
About this event
Launched in 2012 and held in mid-September each year, the SCRD’s Backroad Trash Bash event brings together residents, community groups, and local and provincial government employees for a one day volunteer cleanup blitz of illegal dumpsites in on the Sunshine Coast.
On the event day, volunteers are assigned a cleanup site, in teams they head out and clean up a site, drop the collected materials off at a designated location, then sit back and enjoy a free lunch and opportunities to win great prizes!
View the SCRD's Stop Illegal Dumping webpage for more information about this issue.
The 6th Annual Backroad Trash Bash held on Saturday, September 16, 2016 in West Howe Sound was a great success!
Read more about the 82 community volunteers who cleaned up 7.8 tonnes of material from 18 illegal dump sites from Port Mellon to Elphinstone and off the B&K forest service road in Roberts Creek.
Each year, the Backroad Trash Bash targets a different area on the coast. Our previous events are listed below.
- 2017 Backroad Trash Bash - West Howe Sound
- 2016 Backroad Trash Bash - Roberts Creek
- 2015 Backroad Trash Bash - Halfmoon Bay to Sechelt
- 2014 Backroad Trash Bash - Pender Harbour and Egmont
- 2013 Backroad Trash Bash - Gibsons Area and West Howe Sound
- 2012 Backroad Trash Bash - Wilson Creek/Chapman Creek
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-885-6806.