SECOND reading OF bylaw 708, 2017:
Egmont/Pender Harbour Official Community Plan
The Egmont/Pender Harbour Official Community Plan received Second Reading at the July 26, 2018 Sunshine Coast Regional District Board meeting.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Pursuant to the provisions of the Local Government Act, a public hearing will be held by a delegate of the Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) Board to consider the following bylaw of the SCRD:
Bylaw No. 708, 2017: Egmont/Pender Harbour Official Community Plan
Date and Time of Hearing: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
Location of Hearing: Pender Harbour Community Hall, 12901 Madeira Park Road
The intent of this bylaw is to replace the existing Bylaw No. 432, 1998: Egmont/Pender Harbour Official Community Plan. The Official Community Plan area extends from Middlepoint area at the southern boundary to Egmont and Earls Cove at the northern boundary and across the water into East Egmont. Within the Plan area there are several community areas including Middlepoint, Francis Peninsula, Madeira Park, Kleindale, Garden Bay, Irvines Landing, Daniel Point, Sakinaw and Ruby Lake, Earls Cove and Egmont.
Bylaw No. 708, 2017 contains the following parts:
2. Land Use Designations
3. Community Planning
4. Regional Planning
5. Map Schedules, Glossary and Conversion Scale
Updates to the Official Community Plan include:
• Introduction of a Community Vision and modified and updated Community Goals
• A minor extension to the boundary of the OCP area along the eastern edge to reflect the boundary of Electoral Area A
• Recommendation for an additional planning process to create zoning on water bodies
• Updated geotechnical hazard reconnaissance conducted by Kerr Wood Leidel Consulting Engineers and establishment of Development Permit Areas
• Removal of the Marine Study and Marine Upland Study areas and replacing with land use designations similar to existing zoning and settlement pattern
• Recommendation for a Harbour Management Plan for the entire Plan area - with focus on the harbour areas of Pender Harbour, Earls Cove and Egmont
• Change from Comprehensive Residential A to Residential A for the southeast portion of Francis Peninsula to reflect the present settlement pattern
• Several Rural Residential and Lake Watershed Protection designations amalgamated into Rural Residential A and B
• Introduction of Regional Planning context with reference to shíshálh Nation Strategic Land Use Plan, We Envision: Regional Sustainability Plan and Community Energy and Emissions Plan, and
• Addition of a densification strategy to support affordable housing
All persons who consider their interest in property to be affected by the proposed bylaw shall be given a reasonable opportunity to be heard or to present written submissions respecting matters contained in the bylaw. Written submissions may be sent in advance of the public hearing and must be received by SCRD Planning and Development Division staff by 4:00 p.m. on September 5, 2018.
Please send written submissions to:
Andrew Allen, Manager, Planning and Development
Mail: Sunshine Coast Regional District 1975 Field Road, Sechelt, B.C. V0N 3A1
The SCRD Board will not consider any verbal or written representations or submissions from the public after close of the public hearing.
The above is a synopsis of the proposed bylaw and is not deemed to be an interpretation of the bylaw. Copies of the bylaw, the Board resolution to delegate the holding of the hearing, and all reports, plans and other documents in the SCRD’s possession that have been or will be considered by the SCRD Board are available for inspection at the office of the SCRD located at 1975 Field Road, Sechelt, B.C., between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding Labour Day, beginning August 17th, 2018 and ending September 5th, 2018.
For additional information please contact Andrew Allen by phone (604-885-6814) or e-mail.
Staff reports can be viewed here:
Schedules to Bylaw No. 432: Egmont/Pender Harbour
A1 - Plan Area and Residential Suitability
A2 - Environmentally Sensitive Areas
A3 - Geotechnical Assessment Areas
A4 - General Land Use Designations
A5 - Public Use Areas
A6 - Service Infrastructure
A7 - Land and Marine Transportation
A8 - Development Permit Areas
Appendix III (Resource Lands)
Also known as Bylaw 432 - Adopted May 14, 1998.
Notice to readers:
These frequently requested documents have been prepared for reader convenience only and are not to be used for official purposes. Certified copies of all Regional District bylaws are available from the Manager of Legislative Services.