Supply And Distribution
The SCRD water systems supply potable water to approximately 23,000 residents between Egmont and Langdale.
Three different water systems provide water from sources that include lakes, streams and groundwater. In addition to water for drinking, these water systems supply potable water used for fire protection, recreation (pools and ice rinks), industry and irrigation.
Several activities are underway to improve supply and distribution. Visit the Project pages for information on some of these activities:
- 2018-SEP-20: Water Supply Update - Presentation
- Watermain Replacement Projects
- Universal Water Metering Project
- Chapman Lake Infrastructure Improvement Project
- Groundwater Investigation
- Raw Water Reservoirs
- 2018 Water Demand Analysis Report
- Groundwater Investigation Phase 2 Results (Part 1)
- Groundwater Investigation Phase 2 Results (Part 2)
Learn About Specific Systems
Ever wonder where you get your water from? Find out by clicking on the system you are curious about. You can see how the water treatment plant works, how big the reservoirs are and what areas of the Sunshine Coast are serviced.