Search and Rescue
Search and Rescue (SAR) are highly skilled volunteers dispatched by the RCMP for land-based and inland water tasks. They also actively participate within the community, responding to emergency and disaster situations such as assisting with evacuations and manning checkpoints.
Team members must individually provide and maintain the ability and equipment necessary to respond and sustain independent SAR operations under all conditions for a minimum of twenty-four hours.
SAR activities might include:
- Ground Search & Rescue, including wilderness survival, mapping, compass & GPS Tracking
- Communications, VHF, UHF, Sat/Cell, amateur and commercial band
- High Angle and Embankment Rope Rescue
- Avalanche Awareness and Rescue
- Helicopter (Hover Entry/Exit)
- Search & Rescue Management
- Basic and Advanced Incident Management
- Mountain Rescue
- Police Evidence Search and support
- BC Coroners Service recovery
- Equipment maintenance